Wednesday, October 1, 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Today is the first day of the 13 Days of Halloween challenge
 
I am excited to announce that I was chosen as one of the
13 Days of Halloween Princesses.
Pretty Exciting!!
 
The Princesses must compete in every challenge for a chance at the top prize;
however, each completion is open to everyone who wants to participate.
It should be a lot of fun!
 
For our first challenge,  we are
too create a banner to welcome Halloween.
 



 


 
I had soooo much fun making this banner!!
One of my favorite projects.
 
I used some wonderful digital paper from Michelle R Designs called Halloween.
I backed each tag with a piece of burlap.

I used a different Simply Betty Stamp for each tag.
I used a Cricut machine with the Happy Hauntings cartridge to cut out the
black iron gate, the witch's cauldron, the grave, bats,and all of the letters.
I used black glitter paper for the letters, and I inked a little bronze color from a bronze ink pad to the edges of the gate, cauldron, and grave.
 
I added a little black crystal bling to the first and last tag,
for a little something extra.
I do love my bling.
 
I added a watch piece to the Alice stamp on the "O" to give
it a more whimsical touch.
 
I used a Tim Holtz Apothecary jar dies for my Potion Bottles.
I used some black and gold glitter paper for some of the bottles.
For the other bottles, I used some Glossy Accents to make the
die cutouts look more like real bottles.
Then I added some Potion Labels that I found.

For the finishing touch, I used some great fibers to tie my tags
to some bailing twine to create the actual banner.



I hope that everyone will take a few minutes to check out the
Simply Betty 13 Days of Halloween challenges.
And hopefully you will join in the fun with us.
There are some great prizes to be won!

I would also like to enter this into Diva's By Design Spooky Creations
and ABC Challenges U is for Unique.
 
 



5 comments:

  1. wow so stunning!!! love the images you have used on each of the pennants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great 'unique' creations. Love it!!. Gorgeous images and a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally stunning project - awesome job!!
    Thanks for playing along with The Divas this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Such a lot of work but worth it, thank you for sharing it with us over at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what an amazing banner! Love all the gorgeous and beautifully coloured images. Just fabulous

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    ABC

    ReplyDelete